Punjabi Kadhi Pakora Recipe
Punjabi Kadhi pakora पंजाबी कढ़ी is scrumptious yogurt dish in which fried pakoras are dipped. It has a tangy flavor. Kadhi pakora recipe or Dhabh style Kadhi pakora recipe in Hindi contains pakora in kadhi and is very popular in Resturants and Dhaba of the Indian subcontinent. Punjabi Kadhi pakora कढ़ी पकोड़ा is a perfect vegetarian dish to go along with hot rotis or paranthas.
Kadhi pakora Ingredients:
Besan – 1 and 1/2 Cup – for pakora
Besan – 1 cup for Kadhi
Sour Yogurt – 1/2 kg
Curry leaves – 8-10
Fresh coriander leaves – 3 Tbsp finely chopped
Baking Soda – a pinch
Salt – 2 tsp or to taste
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Rye seeds – 1 tsp
Kasturi methi – 1 tsp
Haldi powder – 2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Dry red chili – 2
Oil for Frying and tadka on kadhi
How to cook Kadhi Pakora recipe :
* In big bowl, add curd, besan, salt, Haldi powder and mix well.
* Make a smooth paste without no lumps.
* Add water also to make a running consistency.
* In a saucepan, put this mixture and bring to a boil.
* Lower the heat and simmer for 15 mins and stir in between.
* In the meanwhile we will prepare pakora batter.
* In a big bowl, mix besan, 1/2 tsp oil, 1/2 tsp salt, little red chili powder, coriander powder, 1/2 tsp coriander seeds, coriander leaves and a pinch of baking soda.
* Make batter using water, till you get a consistency where you can drop spoonfuls into oil, not like a liquid.
* Heat oil in frying pan on high heat, when oil gets hot enough for frying, reduce flame to medium.
* Drop spoonfuls of dough, 5 to 6 at a time, into the frying pan.
* Fry until they are golden brown in color, keep aside.
For final preparation:
* After 15 mins when our kadhi is cooked and become thick close the flame.
* Now add fried pakora’s .
* Take a tadka pan, add 1 Tbsp oil or desi ghee.
* Heat the oil and add 1/2 tsp coriander seeds and rye seeds saute for a second.
* Add dry red chili, curry leaves, 1/2 tsp red chili powder and kasturi methi .
* Saute for a 3 – 4 seconds and close the flame.
* Put this tadka over kadhi pakoda.
* Now your delicious kadhi pakora is ready to serve hot with chapatis or rice.
Thanks for watching our Video, You can also subscribe to our YouTube channel (KapoorsTadka) by clicking https://goo.gl/hvaPq4 to get Daily Veg Recipes Videos without Onion and Garlic easily by Priyanka Kapoor & Vikram Kabir Kapoor.
Website – http://www.kapoorstadka.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/KapoorsTadka/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/KapoorsTadka
Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/kapoorstadka/
plus one – https://plus.google.com/110626701121033957202
instagram – https://www.instagram.com/kapoorstadka/
tumblr – http://kapoorstadka.tumblr.com/
reddit – https://www.reddit.com/user/kapoorstadka/
twitter – https://twitter.com/KapoorsTadka
youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz2QyuSlW-hZV5adl_7xIMg
wordpress – https://kapoorstadka.wordpress.com/
flickr – https://www.flickr.com/photos/150960843@N06/
yummly – http://www.yummly.co/profile/Kapoors%20Tadka